Thursday, March 30, 2006

There was once a little matchstick who developed an itch on its little head. It decided to scratch itself and in the process, whoosh! It set itself on fire. Poor little matchstick was sent to the hospital for treatment and came back... as a cotton bud.

(courtesy of Chia)

It's such an awesome day today! The sun's shining, evaporating the morning chill from the air. The laundry's out in the sun and i'm bobbing to blaring Wang Lee Hom's Ni He Wo from Chia's JVC. Man, i could bask in this weather all day! This is perfect for a run to the Gardens! I feel way better too, compared to last night. :S Paul gave me a back 'rub' (??) and i felt much less nauseous after that. I've got a very bruised back at the moment. Dont anyone dare to even think about giving me a smack on the back.

Reproduction is a new-ish topic to venture into. From oral contraceptives to male erectile dysfunction and teratogenicity in pregnant mothers. And for some reason, there's this guy in my class who asks the most awkward questions at the strangest times! And i've learnt that just hearing him clear his throat and pose "Umm...Mr So-and-so..." is enough to make me as red as beetroot in the face. And i think Meghna has caught on... so at least i have someone to be red in the face with. :P Thanks Megh. We had Anatomy lab this morning, looking at fetuses and embryos. The normal ones were okay. Actually, not that normal considering the fact that they're unborn babies intact in containers of formalin in an Anatomy lab! But that was so interesting! By the 8th week, the embryo is about the size of one digit of my little finger. And yet i can see the little toes already! But there were those with defects. I felt so sad. At first it was more of fear...of seeing something different from myself. The conjoined twins sharing a face, limbless, with anencephaly (failure of development of the brain). What anguish these mothers must have felt. I guess that's where debates over maybe it's a good thing she miscarried if the baby was going to be born like that take their stand. I dont know. It's so different, reading about it in books and actually seeing the real thing. :'( sigh. Close contact with a fresh placenta specimen. That was so interesting!

I love my flat. I love my flatmates. Thanks peeps, for making me laugh all the time. i love hogging the sleeping bag. Thank you God!

To keep this anonymous:
"Nad, have you put my white sports bra to wash?" - MALE voice.

"Ben, have you turned the fish fingers?"
"Uh hmm."
"Ben, have you turned the fish fingers?"
"Uh hmm."
Dejavu?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home