Thursday, February 02, 2006

It's already February..1/12 of 2006 has flown by

Grade 1 kids... my... havent they grown!

We've spent the first 2 days of Chinese New Year at my maternal grandparents' place. Gong Xi Mong En (?) Man, being there is all about food, food and more food. Everywhere you turn, someone offers you food. I found myself stuffed... now to lose that weight. hmph. But that was fun. I would spend the entire day just serving drinks and refilling food containers, but would still find myself poofed by mid afternoon and my physical self screaming for an afternoon nap. And boy, some nap! 2 hour naps? Most of the guests that come over speak Melanau, one of the native dialects of Malaysia. Catch no ball.

Now we're back in Mukah. Cousins, nieces, nephews, students. It's been nice to have people over and to spend time as 'pieces' of families. That's what happens when you come from a large family with Dad having 7 siblings. On Mum's side, things are kinda dry cos Uncle George stayed back in Thailand this year. Woohoo... but cute nieces and nephews.

So for all those that, unfortunately, have to be spending new year away from home, here are my warmest (Malaysian warmth some more!) wishes for a great new year... because you are all in my wish-we-could-be-together-for-CNY wishlist. :) God bless....


Dalat home. Memories printed on every plank of wood. When we were little, us 3 monkeys used to climb in and out of this bedroom window, onto the banister, climb in again, lock the bedroom door, climb out again... with Grandma chasing us from behind with a rotan. We've never been caught. *childish grin of triumph*

1 Comments:

Blogger Fisherman Horizon said...

Gong Xi Mong En. I suppose it was the word 蒙恩 (name of my church too), meaning something like "Grace be with you". A lot of Christian use that for New Year & Christmas greeting (I use it all the time). But it was indeed first time hearing Hong Xi Mong En, rather than Xin nian mong en. :)

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home