Monday, December 19, 2005

To be home


It’s nice to be home, isn’t it? We left a cold rainy Dunedin last Tuesday morning. I wasn’t prepared to brace the hot Auckland weather. Ever feel as though wearing shorts and a t-shirt was just still not cooling enough? But going stark bullocks would just end up with a charge for lewd misconduct! Just cant win, can i? Hmm..

We transit at Brisbane airport for about an hour. It was new, seeing icons of kangaroos and koalas instead of the kiwi and paua shells. I was hoping to get a taste of the Australian accent but no. Is it really as distinct as the media and kiwis make it out to be? I wonder…

Brunei is a tranquil country. Seria sure is! I like the roads. =) Stayed with Ruth’s family for 2 nights. Very pleasant. They have the most interesting roundabouts in Brunei. From steel birds to teapots! They’ve also got minute tiny roundabouts which I found amazing. People still adhered to the traffic rule and maneuvered around the little circles. If it was Sibu, those circles would cease exist to the human eye. They would be… *waves hand like a magician in the air* …invisible!

8 hours in a bus. From Miri to Mukah. 8 hours. It’s going to take a bit of convincing for me to embark on another 8 hours on a bus. The seats were comfy, though. =) They ran out of luggage space in the boot compartment, and I have a lovely tan now because there were no curtains. :P Blessed to be traveling in pairs. Chia and I found ways (you don’t want to know) to amuse ourselves on the bus. That was pretty cool. Hehe. After all, two’s company.

Dad’s out, Mum’s arranging the washing. My sister’s playing the guitar, Paul’s reading a book and Daniel’s finishing up some Science homework. It’s nice to be home, isn’t it?


Woohoo… capped!

Sprawled on Ruth’s bed. :P

My little niece, Chloe.

8 Comments:

Blogger Fisherman Horizon said...

Sure is good being back home. :)

Surprised that you went to Brunei, went there last year and amazed by the 3 lane roundabout.

So any chance of meeting in Sibu?

1:42 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Hey Ming, you're home already? :)

2:55 AM  
Blogger Fisherman Horizon said...

no. :( two more weeks.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Ok, sure. How long will you be in Sibu for?

3:05 PM  
Blogger Fisherman Horizon said...

I'll be home from 30th Dec. to 13th Jan. Thinking of getting my wisdom tooth out this time. :(

4:23 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

*Ouch* Well, i might just be looking at a hamster aye? Hee.. will be in Kuching for a little while between then but see if can meet up with my sister too ya? :)

7:32 PM  
Blogger 12uth said...

Aaahhh....my room's been exposed in public!!! haha...Twas great having you two here. Who knows, I mite see you again before returning to Dunners. :)

7:32 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Yes of course Ruth! Can you come to Kuching? :)

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home