Sunday, December 04, 2005

Christmas parade 2005

With one of my best Pharmacy buddies, Lye Funn.

AC's parents left this morning. Only managed to fall asleep at 1am and woke up at 5am. I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, contemplating whether i should go downstairs to bid them farewell or not. I dont like farewells. The enveloping sadness that i may never see them again. It was 5.30am when i finally decided to present myself, bedhair, jammies and pasty i-just-woke-up complexion. Some lasting impression eh? :P Gave Auntie a hug *something i learnt to be comfortable with since arriving in NZ* and waved goodbye to them as they were driven off to the airport. *sigh* The flat has been extremely quiet since...

This is the first time that i've taken 2 naps. One 20 minute nap before going to church, another 1 hour (on-off) nap from 6-7pm. ONE HOUR! It was on Chia's bed..among her clothes and all. My legs started feeling cold after a bit so i made myself comfortable with her woollen blanket and positioned Piggy so that the sun wasnt in my eyes. Heh. Felt like there wasnt a care in the world, and all i could do was sleep.... sleep.... and sleep. But it's inevitable... i have to wake up. darn.

Christmas parade was 25 minutes late. I think the Asian population is getting so great that they've starting cultivating the 'late' mentality too. That's not good! Well, these are some of the colours along Dunedin's usually-grey street. The floats were beautiful. The kids in the floats did so well too! So cute!!! I'm having problems choosing which pictures to put up. If i did for all of them, that would be 59 pictures in all.. Enjoy... :)

Spongebob Squarepants!!

Being born in the year of the mouse... One of my most favourite floats.. the kids are so cute!!

Jean Batten's influence? Maybe? Hmm... sorry i dont know planes.

It's a Cinderella story

Flintstones, meet the Flintstones.. yabadabadooooo!

Dunedin's famous.. how can we have a parade without an albatross..

No music, no life..

Grand finale... Santa and his trusy reindeers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, Ben. :)

8:38 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Just a little side info.. my sister loves (yes, you heard me, Ben... LUUUUUUURVES) Spongebob Squarepants. As well as that pineapple under the sea.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home