Thursday, January 19, 2006

For the kingdom of God belongs to these little ones.

A class in progress..
That's "C" for Carey

There is something very special about the little ones.

For the past 2 weeks i've been taking care of Mum's new Kindy 1 class i.e. a handful of 5 year olds. I thought that i'd just revert to the way the Kindy 2 class were conducted last year, however, this proved impossible... the children do not know their ABCs yet. Certainly has become a new challenge for me. But as usual, they've won my heart, in the midst of "Pheony, sit properly!" and "Class, look here... CLASS... look at this picture." Pheony learns to write "e" the right way round after weeks of practice and little Carey writes her name perfectly! If only i can catch their laughter when we sing and dance. I have found an indescribable sense of joy from their innocence, their naive enthusiasm, their cheekiness and from the smile that lights up their little faces. And though after an afternoon and "Goodbye, Teacher!"s, an oncoming sore throat from talking non-stop for 2 hours :P and tired legs, i can sit back and smile in my heart that maybe today, just maybe, i've made a positive difference in the life of a 5 year old.

7 Comments:

Blogger Fisherman Horizon said...

With ur rich experience in Sunday school & choir & GB, these children will like u for sure. :)

This year I had to teach the big class. :( I want the kiddies.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Hehe..

Ask to be 'transfered' to the littlies!! :)

6:29 PM  
Blogger Fisherman Horizon said...

Cant. I 'm considered to be of most experienced (old!) so, the SS superintendent asked to to take the big class (11-13yrs old).

KL will take over my sis middle class (8-10yrs) while Peter will have the kiddies. Both of the have just been in SS for a year.

I rather settle for toddlers. :P

8:35 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Hee..! All the better. Big kids aye? You'll do fine :) Who knows, there's always something new to learn from children, isnt there? Have fun and tell me how the big kids are :D

2:18 AM  
Blogger Fisherman Horizon said...

well, i know all the kids in the SS by heart. The only change is the approach, since I have to concentrate more on biblical study ie explaination now (though I'm fine with it). But i prefer to have crafts. :P

Now my brain keeps coming up with crafts for KL class... :P

See how it goes this week, first week since came back.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Yup yup yup! I so know what you mean! I'm taking another Grade 1 class after the Kindy 1 class this arvo and it's a different approach and style of teaching.

So that's 4 hours today. Pray my stamina holds.. and my voice too, for this matter of fact! :P

Have fun with the big kids. :D

4:56 PM  
Blogger Fisherman Horizon said...

Thanks.. I'll have fun with them. The only change was the syllabus so have to change style. The students remained same since we separate from 2 to 3 classes.

Better ask ur mum to feed u with bird nest to sooth ur throat and chicken soup + abalone + scallop to nutrich ur stamina. ;P

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home