Thursday, April 13, 2006

At Carisbrook

No, i wasnt there to play rugby. Tho sometimes i wish i was. Bring out on the field again. Feeling the wind in my hair, the concentric and eccentric movements of muscles to propel the body forwards only to catch it again in mid-air. The rowdy cheer from the crowd and Red Crosses standing by. If only...

I wasnt part of the action on the field. Not standing in the crowd cheering players on. But there was quite a lot of action where i was too. Selling. My first one-off job/job this year. I worked in a team of 5, all of which were students. Chris (the cook) is a final year Zoologist, Yoska, 2nd year Med, Rachel, 2nd year Tourism and Emily, 1st year Law. They're a pretty cool bunch of people. The hustle and bustle was pretty constant, with The Rush at the start and half-time. I chose to serve the littlies. Some so small that their heads barely reached the top of the caravan bench! My, i wouldnt dream of letting my kids on their own like that!! If it was back home, i think you'd see "Million $$ black market" splashed across The Star! It made me shudder, at times, seeing these little ones walk around on their own in a busy stadium. But i suppose its safer here? And these kids having being used to walking around on their own or with their equally-just-as-small friends.

That was fun. Getting to know my workmates a little more. I'll be seeing them again on Sunday. :)

The Highlanders won.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home