Thursday, November 03, 2005

To Alice..


King's Ball - '04

20th birthday at Tokyo Garden - '04

It's the holidays. I have a valid reason for wandering, random thoughts.

One thing i cannot deny is that Alice is leaving for Timaru. I guess that's part and parcel of life...people coming, people going. Some still keep in touch, and others fade away like an old black-and-white photograph, never to be reunited again.

I first "met" Alice through a photograph, when my sister who was in Dunedin in '01 sent photos back from the CMSA Ball. I was trying to make out the similarities between Susan and Alice.

She's been my mentor for more than a year now, about a year 4 months to be precise. An inspiration, teacher, encourager, so-you-know-what-to-do-then-do-it advisor, a sister-in-Christ, a treasured friend. Josh O asked me yesterday,"So who's going to be your mentor when Alice leaves?" I didnt have an answer. I wish i did.

May emails, telephone calls, MSN messenger and (trips to Timaru??) trips back to Dunedin mean that i will continue to have the priviledge of this friendship. God bless and keep you Alice! :)

True friends are like stars... you don't always see them but you know they are there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home