Sunday, September 04, 2005

Decisions

Just a thought..

I wonder how Mum and Dad decide on what to cook everyday. For me here, it's like "Hmm..what to cook for dinner?" and being an irresponsible-not-really-taking-care-of-self student, it's easy to resort to what's quick and easy. But noo.... *shaking head* Somehow parents back home find the time, idea and brain power to cook lunch AND dinner EVERY...SINGLE...DAY in spite of their already busy and hectic day, picking kids up and trying to rest during their short breaks. It can be so draining for me (oh no, why does this growing-old theme keep on coming back to me!!??), and day after day it's always that same decision making dilemma. *sigh* Is there a secret to cooking dinners? I used to have a Canadian friend who told me that her family had the same thing every day of the week, eg Mondays-pizzas, Tuesdays-burgers...etc, and Sundays were 'leftover' days. What?!? Keep leftover food for up to one week?? I was thinking of resorting to that, but nah...i'd get sick of it, i'm sure. Or..wait a minute..maybe i wont, just maybe.

2 Comments:

Blogger 12uth said...

Hah. Just cook whatever is on special. ;) That's how I do it. Buy the meat and vege and just dump them together and add a bit of salt and pepper to taste. And voila..you have a meal! Or even easier, boil everything together. haha..that's for chicken soup only tho. Yum. Chicken soup. mmm.. Anyway..
Now that Jane's mom is here, aiyah..I cannot cook like that anymore. Pressure!!! hehe..

9:49 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

hahaha..... Yup, first time eating rice this week. Everyday after the extern i've been so poofed that i eat something simple. Too lazy and tired to cook a proper meal. And just between the both of us, i've had chicken soup for 4 days! Of course new chicken and soup every day la. :P Btw, very touched that u guys paid me a visit today. :) For the first time, my lunch time just FLEW by...

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home