Friday, September 02, 2005

No life...without wife


Friendship is the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words. - George Eliot

And that was exactly what i had the honour of last night. Gina, B, Sulyn and i headed off to Martin's place after an afternoon of telling jokes (potato, potato, potato), watching video clips, listening to 90's music and jamming (Chia and B) at B's place. I knew they'd hit it off. They have so many similarities and their appreciation of all genres of music is rare to find.

A night that started out with Before Sunset (be-a-u-ti-ful movie!) and Bride and Prejudice (which of the only thing i've learnt is No life....*beat beat beat beat beat* without wife *beat beat beat beat beat*) plateau to (singing in Akon's style Lonely), hehe, a quiet night, dry of ideas, which only started to rekindle it's fire after 5am when the lights were switched off and 5 of us were lying like sardines in Mart's living room. Nice carpet... It was good, i cant think of a better word to describe it, talking, confiding and listening to each other. Learning a little bit more, and teasing a little bit more as well :P, of the person lying around you, and i just feel so thankful. Thankful to God to these amazing people that He has placed in my life. I wish i could freeze that moment in time. Comfortable, honest, genuine and reminding me of wonderful friendships so much more. I finally dozed off at 8am and when i awoke at 9.30am on a familiar feel of carpet, i looked around me, and i saw these people. 3 of whom were still on snooze mode. People whom i've shared my life with, my fears, my joys. And that's it. Contentment. I felt.... family. Love you people!!! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Hehe, thanks for pointing that out. Alice shook her head when i was telling her about that night...haha...

8:05 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

LOL..

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home