Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The best things in life are free

Caught a sore throat from my respiratory module. This is horrible, waking up in the morning and croaking "Good morning God". I dont feel like talking at all, discussing or even making small talk. Not a good thing when we have a workshop today. I was feeling so crap the entire time, and the dry pain of swallowing didnt help at all to my dwindling concentration power. But as sure as ever, God blessed me with a workshop that ended half an hour earlier than the allocated time, which meant going home and guzzling down more 'cooling' water. I sure hope it doesnt get worse. I've had enough of tonsilitis!

It was amusing, when i was boiling water in the large pot and sprinkling in two handfuls of dried sunflowers and plopping in a huge rock of yellow sugar. I dont know if i'm the only one who has this childhood memory, but i remember as clear as day, when i was little, Grandma would cook 'cooling' drinks for us to drink, and whenever i see her take out the packet of rock sugar, i'd stick close by and hold my hand out. And she'll give me a little crystal of sugar which i'd put into my mouth and suck on. Those were the days, the little things in life that gave me so much joy. :) And i guess you would have guessed, that i couldnt resist but to put a small crystal of rock sugar in my mouth as well today. Ah...the best things in life are free..

Now to my huge pile of readings that's due to be completed by tomorrow morning's workshop. :S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home