Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Puppy gone liao


You dont know what you have until it's gone.

I tried looking around for someone who'll like to have puppy, but my efforts were in vain. And it would take too long for us to put an ad in the church newsletter or on the Pharmacy School notice board. Puppy had to be left at home alone since everyone had lectures and labs at the same time. Chia had sacrificed heaps of lectures just to accompany him. He needs and wants someone to be with him all the time. Even if it's just sitting in the same room.

I was working on my assignment last night on Chia's computer...and puppy-sitting as well. There he was, walking around the place as though he owned it, chewing anything he could sink his teeth in, and crawling under the bed, as though it was time to play Hide and Seek. It was also the first, ever, night i let him sleep on my bed. The only "little man" i'll ever let sleep on my bed. For the first time i didnt really mind that much if he'd dirtied or drooled on my warm woolen blanket. He's the worst sleeper ever, the soundest sleeper too! You should see him sleep/stretch. A contortionist in the making, i'm sure. Cutie...

Chia and AC had to return him. Family issues and to obey parents. I'm glad i decided to come home during my lunch break, even if it was for 20 minutes. I almost missed my chance to say goodbye. I wonder if he could sense our sadness. Or to see our tears. I thought of him the whole time throughout lectures. It was hard to concentrate. And coming home, coming home with no Radiant in the living room. No more cute playful face. I keep on thinking that i'll see him somewhere, be it in her room, or trailing my steps up the stairs. I keep on looking around, just in case he's sleeping somewhere and that he's still around to wake Chia up at 4am for toilet training. I must say though, after seeing her dedicate herself to waking up several times at night to poopy-train as well as in the day, i'm not so sure i want kids anymore. :P

I miss puppy, and i know it'll take a while to get used to his absence. I just hope it's soon. Letting go is much MUCH easier said than done. I've shed enough tears today. I think i'm dehydrated again. ORT!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home