Thursday, May 26, 2005

Olfactory system

Walking by Albany Street Pharmacy, i caught a whiff of perfume that reminded me of a friend. It was just that lingering scent....and yet in that split second, it was as though my mind was brought back into its database of memories and thoughts started flooding my mind. Everything that reminded me of this person, just from a whiff of perfume.

I wonder what it is with people and scents. It's like tapping into a reservoir of memories from all walks in life. It's funny, how when you've not thought about something and that trace of a scent brings it all back and you think to yourself "Wow...i've totally forgotten about that."

I think it's about time i change perfumes. Caroline Herrera 212 has been with me for almost 4 years now. Hmm...Gucci Rush would be a pleasant change...

Dispensing exam tomorrow. 2 products to compound. One of which we will be familiar with, another that we've totally not heard of. I'm looking through all my notes at the moment, and reading up on the Dispensing manual. What makes me most nervous when it comes to dispensing is when the examiners watch your every move and look down only to write something in a notepad of theirs..and you wonder "Argh...did i do something i shouldnt do?" or "Should i be doing something else?" Pray for clarity of mind and quick thinking to pick up anything that's wrong on the prescription. Compound quickly and wisely since not having finished products at the end of the 2 hours is an automatic FAIL. Must ... pass .... aim ... for .... A ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home