Monday, January 08, 2007

When the going gets tough

Vows sealed on earth signify a covenant made in heaven
Tim and Kate were married last Saturday at Aramoana Beach, about 10 minutes out of Port Charmers. It was a simple but very pretty wedding. The weather was purrfect, seeing that the forecast was rain (which did POUR like 10 minutes after the ceremony ended) but God is the Creator of the world. Thank you =) I went to the wedding with Jian and Josh, and i must say that they looked good, even though they felt overdressed. Still... i dont think so. Hee...
* Working life *

I shant dwell on what's difficult or hard. Challenging myself today. So i say i trust Him always. Really? It was really hard at work today. I dont want to put the blame on anyone because different people have different characters and thus react differently if were placed in the same situation. But today was definitely not one of my best days. As turmoil churned in my heart, i wondered "What am i doing here? God, i just need You to show me You're here." If you've not noticed, it's so easy to say words of encouragement to friends when they're not feeling in tip top condition. But when it happens to you? Moi?? At that point in time, i wasnt sure what to expect anymore. And i remembered the Psalmist "Even though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no evil. For You are with me. Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."
It hasnt been that long since i started working, slightly over 3 weeks, but definitely been a time of testing. And so i constantly remind myself the meaning of bearing my cross. I know this cannot be compared to so many others in persecuted countries for Jesus, but at the moment, my mission is NOW.

His grace is sufficient for me. His strength is made perfect in my weakness. Hang in there!!


where it started

They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. Mark 14:20

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Angie!! Wow, looks like working life is tough over there...cranky and difficult bosses? That's like my worst nightmare!! That's why I still haven't started looking for a job yet -_-. But I guess give thanks to God that you've got this job..God has a plan for everything that you do so put ur trust in Him! And I'll pray for ya for better working environment! haha...Chute

8:33 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Thanks Chute :) i really really appreciate that! You havent started looking for a job yet? Are you aiming to get one in Melbourne?

6:50 AM  
Blogger nadia said...

ER JIE!!! =)

keep on going on!

will seeya tmr.

*hugs*

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I;m definitely aiming for one in Melbourne city or surroundings and hopefully I'll get one in Melbourne itself but I have an interview this Weds at a place that is like 2+ hours away!!

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home