Sunday, December 17, 2006

Events

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - Beautiful Boy by John Lennon

I cant believe it's over.. the Health Sciences graduation ceremony on the 9th December 2006. We were praying for good weather and guess what, by the time Dad, Mum and i came out from the Thanksgiving ceremony at Holy Name, the sun was beaming down on us!! It was awesome!! We were able to parade down George Street. It felt really odd to be one of the "red carpet celebrities" instead of being at the sideline taking pictures and waving to grab the attention of friends and family that were graduating. I thought that it would be a day when smiling would reflect how i felt inside and then later become a pasted expression on my face just cos, but i was surprised when i came home that day, smiling still, and realising that it was a genuine smile from the start till the end. And even better... my facial muscles werent sore at all!! Here's one for the road...


I love Otago!!

No, make that 3...

buddies Lye Funn, Maryam and Jean
covering our heads with the graduation cap when it momentarily drizzled

with my siblings

Aik Ming and his brother Yit Kiet (did i spell that right? >.<) came to Dunedin for a visit. He's still tall. And nope, i havent caught up and i dont think i ever will =P It was good to catch up and to be sitting in the lounge listening to foochow foochow everywhere! =) It felt just like home. I hope that you had a good trip here. Keep up that exercise up Baldwin Street! Hee..

with the brothers up Baldwin Street (can you see the trickle of sweat down the side of my face? =P)

I passed my driving test!!! So now i've got a full NZ drivers licence. *big grin* Thanks to my instructors Josh and Las, and thanks Josh for lending me your car. Now i can chaffeur you around ya? =P

with Lye Funn in Waimate

But one piece of sad news. Lye Funn has left for Waimate ='( It's hard to believe that we're all dispersed all over New Zealand: with Lye Funn in Waimate; Vic in Hawkes Bay; Megh, Maryam and Jean in Auckland. And not forgetting Fady in Sydney. I'm going to miss them a lot.. 4 years of Pharmacy completed.

And my first day of work officially starts tomorrow!!! *excited*

4 Comments:

Blogger Fisherman Horizon said...

Frist of all, Thanks for showing us around Dunedin and your family's hospitality. We really enjoy the fellowship and it's great moment to catch up with you.

second, Congratulation on your recent graduation! You're a certified "drug dealer" now. Next, to be a registered drug dealer.

third, yeah, the Baldwin street was a challenge. I think I had more sweats than you and my bro. Just bit worried that you'll get blisters cause you took off your shoes!

fourth, congratulation on passing your driving test. Saw you driving but didnt have the chance to sit in. Hope someday can sit in.

last, congratulation on your pharmacy job. Enjoy and love what your doing. ;)

8:01 PM  
Blogger nadia said...

ange!!! =)

congrats, congrats, congrats!!!

looking forward to seeing you soon...take care!!!

love, nad

4:47 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Thanks Aik Ming! =)Merry Christmas to you and your family. Thanks for the Christmas card!! =D

1:59 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Little sister Nads, looking forwards to next year! :)

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home