Thursday, June 15, 2006

O is for Officially Over

I sat for the last of 3 exams this semester yesterday. Monday's paper didnt go down too well, and i came out feeling like a very burnt piece of steak. Dried up. Tasteless. To be thrown away. And periodically on Monday and Tuesday and even yesterday morning, i'd get this voice in my head going "You deserve this. Fail. Why are you even trying for paper B? You'll disappoint.. " It went on and on. So bad that i'd feel nauseas and at the verge of throwing up. Even at the gym. But then i realised that words like those cannot be from Him. He'd never condemn. And so i rebuked the spirit of fear, failure and hopelessness, the devil sure doesnt know when to quit it (!!!), and spent some time in His presence. I was listening to Kev's church CD. Bridewarrior. (You guys just have to get a hold of one. It's awesome! I think i've listened to it like 20 times over already, and still going! :P) And just worshipping, praying, and the peace of God filled the room. His rest. The tranquility. I was changed. His promises that i will rise, not by my strength, but by His grace and love for me. It wasnt about my circumstances, it was about the trust. And so, with renewed strength, i made a promise to Him, that i'm going to do my very best in the last paper and not let my fears and uncertainties take over me and because....

My God is BIG, so STRONG, so MIGHTY

Thank you for all the encouragement and prayers and texts and phonecalls.

*hugs*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home