Saturday, June 17, 2006

It's nice and chilly

It looks innocently warm outside. The sun's shining. I've also just realised that our high in Dunedin is Auckland's low. Hmm... Paul just commented, "Guess this is what i dont like about Dunedin..." So if we are optimistic people, i'd be thankful for the unlimited air-conditioning in Dunny. Plus air-conditioning that doesnt break down or need constant cleaning of filters or water leaking! :P

I have learnt that the devil can speak in my voice, and the quality of piracy is so good it's almost like me! That's scary! But i have decided that the more he pulls me away from the One and Loving God, the harder i am going to push back! And you see, it's not by my own strength that i do, but by the strength of the Holy Spirit that lives in me.

I rejoice in the strong bonds and friendships of lifegroups, especially seeing Ben's and Jess' and Las' G12 just grow and grow. I found out today that they have a G12 blog too! That was a pleasant surprise. You see, sometimes i wonder the plans God has for us. I remember reviewing my 2006 resolutions with Him and ticking them off as i heard the "Ok". I think He's allowing to happen, i have to play my part. At this point in time, i'm a bit tired in the race... like reaching my 1500m mark, the lethargy and muscle strain as i push on to stride my way to the prize. When you're tired, that's when the devil works the hardest to pull you down. To make you evaluate why you're doing this, why have so many things running through your mind to live a life that bring Him glory. The uncertainty of a future that is held in God's hands. And when you're tired, you want to stop and rest, even for just a little while. A teeny tiny little while?

No! I can do all things through Him who strengthens me (Phil 4:13)

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in your weakness." Therefore i wil boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, i delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when i am weak, then i am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:8-10

1 Comments:

Blogger 12uth said...

running with you all the way!:)

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home