Monday, January 29, 2007

the mundane moments

I walked around, searching and raking my brain trying to remember when was the last time i saw the keys in my hand. But nothing came to me. I retraced my steps, looking to see if it might have fallen onto the roadside or worse.. if the street-sweep have already taken them to ANTZ-Utopia with it. I feared for the worst. At the end of the day, it was a matter of $$$, time, but most of all, losing the trust of my parents.

I lost my keys. The only set of car keys. Oh no.. they could be anywhere!! *Think think* When was the last time that i saw them? *shaking head* I dont remember >.< What do i do now?

I texted Theresa if she could help me go to Glassons and ask. That was our last stop.And because i didnt have the house key either, i climbed into the flat through Paul's window, put my shopping down, changed out of sandals into sport shoes. And i ran. I ran as fast as i could because it was around the time that shops would be closing. We went to Glassons, Kmart, JayJays. The other shops were already closed. I was distressed. Where could they be? How could i have done such a silly careless thing? If only i had heeded the thought before i went out to take a handbag with me.

I came home flattened. Tried calling the Merc car company and they couldnt do anything. So i called Beggs and after a discussion, they realised that they couldnt get a locksmith for the car because of the model and kind. And that locksmith only works on weekdays. It could take days, up to weeks, they said. And i'm estimating at least $200 to $500. *eye bulges* Shoots. So that was that. For the day. Went to the police station and nope, no one had handed in lost keys. I went there twice. So that was it... I called Jimmy, the middle-man who sold Dad the car, and the words that came out of his mouth were "You must be joking.." I felt horrible enough already :( Beating myself up for it.. I went to sleep thinking about it, trying to recall still where i went and where it could possibly be.

And then i remembered going to Kmart. A big warehouse-y Kmart and looking at navy-coloured long pants for Paul... and... slightly distinctively, placing the keys, wallet and cellphone on the next pile.

And i woke up. I spent the next 2 hours tossing and turning in bed, asking..

"God, i'm trying to remember when was the last time i placed the keys down to look at something..".

LACE!! The Fabric Store. I had put the keys, wallet and cellphone down to look at lace.
And it was like God just planted a flash-back vision in my mind.

"But God, what if i'm wrong? What if i go there and it isnt there?"

Well, if it's not there, then i'll direct you to what to do next..

It was there. Just right next to the lace. Just as He reminded me.

I look back now in awe at the miracle. I would not have remembered if it wasnt for Him. In all that thanks and gratefulness, what stands out most of all is the fact that while i was just browsing through the many patterns of lace, trying to decide which one to buy, God was watching over me. He saw, (i believe) in slow motion, as i put the things in my hand down, only to pick all up but one. The keys. He was there. He saw in that mundane moment, the frown on my face as i compared patterns, boring not-very-important "stuff", and yet important enough to remember me. To watch over me.

And i stand in awe.

4 Comments:

Blogger Fisherman Horizon said...

May God bless you in finding the keys. Last time, I also nearly lost my passport and broke down in tears. I prayed and I found it. Trust in the Lord and He will guide you.

3:57 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

:) sure isnt an experience i'd like to have over again. Heh. Awesome thing with your passport too! :D

9:57 PM  
Blogger Fisherman Horizon said...

So have you found it. Better ask the car dealer to get a spare key for you. I thought all car should have at least 2. I got 2 spare and 1 master key.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Yup, i found them at the fabric store.. Gonna make a spare tomorrow! :D

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home