Sunday, July 30, 2006

Happy thoughts

Elective group. Pharmacy School 2006. Tokyo Express
I turned 22 last Friday. It was a lovely day, the sun was shining and there was a mild breeze. It makes a big difference, especially in the bleakness of winter, just to see those rays sneaking past the gap between the curtains in the morning. Concentration button was switched off that morning. Don't ask me why. I wasn't the one who pushed it. Honest. Went to Burns, emails, a bit of research and passed Parking Perfection 1.

By the way, i'm now working through Stage 4 of Parking Perfection 2. For some strange reason, i'm pretty into that game. Maybe it's psychologically encouraging, psyching myself up for really driving towards a full NZ driver's licence. Hmm..

Lunch. Yes. Food is always good. Well, almost always. Tokyo Express. Forever a favourite. Good food, good service. Then Jean brought up ice-cream. So where were we headed to next? The ice-cream shop next to New World. I sipped my Chocolate Flake Shake throughout the panel lecture, which also meant i was super-full before dinner.

Dinner. Mmm... We went to Plato. Lovely place! I loved my Duck and Mushroom risotto. Thank you :)

Dessert. Unexpected. Maybe i'm too naive, Josh is a good "liar", or just, and i quote, "not observant enough". Maybe it's all 3 =P Everything happened so fast. I remember seeing Kev at the door just inside the flat, arranging his laundry. Then my eyes fell on two wine bottles and something on the table that resembles dessert. My first thought "Kev must be having someone over for dessert." Then something (or should i saw someone) moved. Then in the dark, i saw Las on the couch and Chewy jumping up and down like a rubber ball. In that split second, i turned around to see everyone. Everyone. And there was a cake, and it was lit, and the candles were in the shape of a heart *hugs* and.. and.. they were all there! Eunice, Ruth, Jessica, Gina, Krystal, Pat (with the camera... dont want to see myself :S), Ben. And then Martin and Josh K. I was so surprised i think my legs were still shaking 10 minutes after that! Thank you so very very much!

Thanks Ai Wei for a very lovely dinner last night :D

Thanks Eunice and Josh for the surprise at Hercus yesterday ;)

Thank you for all the texts and phonecalls and hugs. But most of all, thank you for the memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home