Sunday, July 10, 2005

Little Leaders

The kids are amazing! I cant think of any one word that would sum their enthusiam, their innocence and their love for life any better.

It took me ages to wake up this morning. I cant believe i'm having problems waking up at 8 in the morning. A part of me just rebelled, full on, and my feet wouldnt move from under the duvet. But responsibilities are responsibilities. I have no regrets about helping out with the 3-6 year olds. A few of them can just steal your heart, in a blink of an eye, just like that. Just to talk to them or sing along with them. *wah, modern kids! Singing using CDs...back home, we're still doing it acapella..LOL* Some of them cant quite pronounce words clearly yet. Like 'thank you' becomes something that sounds like 'gankew', with the 'k' joining the two words. They are sooooo cute!! Gosh...maybe if i'm working in Dunedin after graduation, i'll be able to help out again. Children are just the best. To see them sing and do actions, and honestly, when i was jumping along with them (Yes...i was JUMPING along with them), i felt as though i didnt care who saw me jump around like that. It was fun...it was liberating, erm, in a way...and it was just repeating those simple words of praise. Wow....the experience. And wouldnt have been able to have done it without those kids to 'motivate' me along to join them. Hehe...

Well, Uni restarts tomorrow. Not usually that busy a timetable, but GetSmart is going to take up all my other spare time. Looking foward to it! It's going to be a great semester!! Thank you God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home