Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Contentment


Your Word, O Lord, is a Lamp unto my feet and a Light for my path. - Psalm 119:105
God has made everything beautiful in its time - Eccelsiastes 3:11 They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness - Lamentations 3:23I will bless the person who puts his trust in Me. It will be like a tree growing near the stream..it will not be afraid..it has no worries..it keeps on bearing fruit - Jeremiah 17:7-8
I'll be your candle on the water...

Monday. The weather was pose-perfect that day. I'd just handed in my assignment and thought that i needed some time away from it all. So at 3pm, i took a walk to the Gardens. With my Cardiovasular module in my bag (So ambitious, konon), i took a leisurely walk to that place i call Peaceful. After taking a few pictures, i decided to settle down on a park bench (my favourite spot was overgrown with grass!!) and listen.

To hear the sound of birds calling to each other, the crackle of gravel as people walked past behind me, the sound of whispers as couples walked by hand-in-hand, ducks as they waddled towards anyone that carried some munchies. To see. To see nature in its glory, the sun as it hid shyly behind the folliage, to see children as they played and laughed to their hearts content at the swings. I wanted to stay there forever. Is that how heaven is going to be like? Around what makes my heart smile?

Ever had that feeling that though you are physically alone, the presence of God is so strong He is walking right beside you? So as you'd probably guess by now, Cardiovascular never made it :P. To bask in peace and take in the freshness of the air, the cool breeze as it blew through my hair. Time flew. The next thing i knew, it was already 6.30pm.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fisherman Horizon said...

One thing I really like about NZ is the beautiful flora and the appealing scenery. :)

4:45 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Sure is!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home