Sunday, May 15, 2005

Let's do it....LEGO style!!

C recommended this really really REALLY cute site to me this evening. She was talking about it and i just had to check it out for myself. It's even better than i'd imagined! It has a collection of Biblical verses...LEGO style! One of my favourite ones, Garden of Eden, reminded me of how i used to coordinate all the colours of the flower petals when i started playing with LEGO 10 or so years ago.

I didnt have a lot of interest in other things, like TV or gameboys and computers werent exactly that developed yet. *kids nowadays....tsk tsk* I remember being fascinated by the computer in Daddy's office. It was like "Wow.....!"

Hehe...i'd spend afternoons working on a house plan and every single detail was totally UP TO ME. P sometimes made the cars and aeroplanes that came with my home, but i'd usually want to build just one small one for my 'Alice' and 'John' to go to work in. They had a friend too...MaryAnn. I forot what i called the other guy....something like Peter? Matthew? Ah....a simple name. That afternoon would be spent animating my characters and they'd go on adventures like mountain climbing, and fishing, and haha...i suddenly recall mimicking their voices. I'd stick to that house plan for a week or so, until Mummy told me to dismantle it because it took up so much floor space that the maid was having trouble cleaning the floor without knocking over some of my bricks. So...i'd dismantle it, put all the pieces back into the LEGO pail, and the next day, i'd think of another new house floor plan. Grandma helped me a lot, to pick the specific bricks i wanted. I'd build and build, until i got tired. Time for my afternoon nap.. I'd lie with my head on Grandma's leg and she'd lull me to sleep with a story or her rhythmic 'mm...mm...mm' and accompanying soft pat on the arm or butt until i fell asleep. I miss you Grandma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home